Welcome to GCC Olympia!
Olympia is one of the oldest cricket clubs in The Netherlands (founded in 1886) and the only cricket club in Gouda and the surrounding villages. You can play cricket on different levels at Olympia, both competitive as recreational. Although we are a small club, Olympia is well known in the Dutch cricket world due to its very own character. A club that fits everyone with a cricket heart in the right place: enjoying this great sport and appreciating all the social aspects that cricket and our club have to offer.
The Dutch cricket season runs from mid-April until mid-September, the competition focuses on the period May-August. Olympia plays its home matches and has its training facilities at the Groenhovenpark in Gouda, very close to the highway A12.
Men's senior cricket
We have two men's senior teams, playing their matches on Sunday afternoon. Our first team is playing in the 'Overgangsklasse', just a few leagues below the 'premier league' of Dutch cricket. Our second team, with a mix of starting and experienced players, is playing on a more recreational level in the ZoMi leaugue. Olympia also likes to play Twenty20 matches against related clubs during evenings. Wednesday evenings are reserved for men's senior training sessions: on our pitch and in our nets and with help of our bowling machine, coordinated by competent trainers.
This season, we work with thre groups of boys and girls up to approximately 8-14 years old. For the first group (more or less U10), the primary focus is on learning the basic techniques and, above all, enjoying the game. Later in the season, we will give our news stars the opportunity to shine in our Tip & Run cup and possibly friendly matches against related clubs. The two other groups (U12 and U14) will play in the competition (Sunday and Saturday mornings). Trainings take place on Wednesday and Friday afternoons, coordinated by competent trainers.
- Are you interested in playing cricket at GCC Olympia? We have several membership formats:
- Full senior member: for players who want to play a full season. Membership fee 220 euro.
- Six-pack senior member: for new players that would like to get to know cricket and for experienced players that would like to play again, but don't want to commit themselves to a full season; includes training and playing 3-6 matches in a season. Membership fee 125 euro.
- Student member (>18). As full member, but member must prove he/she follows a fulltime day education. Membership fee 125 euro per year.
- Youth member Competition (<18): competition matches, training and friendly matches. Membership fee 100 euro.
- Youth member Tip & Run(<18): training and friendly matches. Membership fee 60 euro.
- Non-playing member. Membership fee 80 euro per year.
You can apply as a member by completing our application form.